Saturday, March 14, 2015

Reflecting Pools

Through you I found myself
The one I truly am
I searched with great vigor
To find a soul who reflected mine
All I found in this tireless quest
Was that which wasn't mine
I lost my myself to the tides somewhere
No way to remember
How to define "I"
Strip away all pretense
Begin with unworked clay
A foundation of what I love
The truth of who I am
I am my own greatest masterpiece
Unique in every way
I seek no other to reflect my visage
I need only look inside
It was not lust
I needed to find
Nor status, nor fortune
But Pride
Pride in myself
From which my passion flows
This passion the essence of Love
Putting to rest my search for reflections
Allowed for my vision to clear
I can see beyond reflections
In the wading pools of souls
I can dive beyond the surface
And drink from the beautiful waters
That are made of what is truly you.
True beauty is limitless
When allowed it's wild growth
For if I try to contain it
Like a gardener's sharpened sheers
I deny a chance of you showing me
"Who I truly am"

No comments:

Post a Comment